The Air Conditioning Sales and Installations experts.
We specialize in Air Conditioning Sales and Installations of all air conditioning unit types including services and repairs. We can advise you on the units most suitable to your needs, application and price, due to that fact that we specializes in a wide range of brands.
We supply good quality units with excellent backing from capable suppliers.
SALES AND INSTALLATIONS
Van Biljoens specializes in Air Conditioning Sales and Installations of all air conditioning unit types including services and repairs.
We can advise you on the units most suitable to your needs, application and price, due to that fact that we specialize in a wide range of brands.
We supply good quality units with excellent backing from capable suppliers
- Midwall Split air conditioning units
- Portable air conditioning units
- Underbench air conditioning units
- Cassette Split air conditioning units
- Underceiling air conditioning units
- Hideway/Ducted air conditioning units
- Floor Standing air conditioning units
- Window Wall air conditioning
- Evaporator Coolers
- DVM air conditioning Systems
QUALITY PRODUCTS AND SERVICE AT AFFORDABLE PRICES
We believe it is important to back great service with great products.
We sell a range of reliable, efficient and affordable systems to compliment our service and workmanship that will cater for every budget. Together with excellent support and backing from our World Leading suppliers we strive to offer a service that’s great, fast, reliable but yet affordable.
We believe that great service starts with a quality product that meets the highest standards in efficiency and reliability.
WHAT IS THE NEW ENERGY SAVING INVERTER TECHNOLOGY ?
Inverter technology (DC) is the latest evolution of technology concerning the motors of the compressors. An Inverter is used to control the speed of the compressor motor, so as to continuously regulate the temperature. The DC Inverter units have a variable-frequency drive that comprises an adjustable electrical inverter to control the speed of the electromotor, which means the compressor and the cooling / heating output. The drive converts the incoming AC current to DC and then through a modulation in an electrical inverter produces current of desired frequency. A micro controller can sample each ambient air temperature and adjust accordingly the speed of the compressor. The inverter air conditioning units have increased efficiency in contraction to traditional air conditioners, extended life of their parts and the sharp fluctuations in the load are eliminated. This makes the inverter AC units quieter, with lower operating cost and with less broke downs. The inverter AC units might be more expensive than the constant speed air conditioners, but this is balanced by lower energy bills. The payback time is approximately two years depending on the usage.
BENEFITS OF THE NEW ENERGY SAVING INVERTER TECHNOLOGY ?
Inverter air conditioning is more expensive than non inverter air conditioning but with the current spiraling energy costs, is it worth the extra R’s?
Let’s see what are the benefits of an inverter air conditioning compared with a non inverter air conditioning:
- The efficiency of air conditioners is enhanced since the start/stop cycles are eliminated. Hence, quicker cooling or heating can be attained.
- At least 30% – 50% cheaper to run as it consumes less power.
- Far quicker to achieve desired temperature.
- The start up time is reduced by 30%.
- No temperature fluctuations, maximizing comfort level.
- No voltage peaks from compressor.
- The life of the components is also extended for the same reason.
- All inverter air conditioning are heat pumps which in itself is one of the most energy efficient form of heating.
- Sharp fluctuations in the load that the air conditioner puts on the power supply are also eliminated.
- Inverter air conditioners are cheaper to operate and are less prone to breakdowns.
- The outdoor unit is normally quieter than that of conventional air conditioners.
- They are more stable in operation and work without any fluctuations.
FEATURED PRODUCTS (OCTOBER 2019)
12000 BTU ALLIANCE Portable air conditionerR5,329.00Brand: Alliance More
MACLAREN HB9000 underbench air conditioningR16,659.00Brand: MacLaren More
SAMSUNG MALDIVES Inverter midwall split air conditioner
SAMSUNG BORACAY Non-Inverter midwall split air conditioner
CARRIER QHC ELITE PLUS Inverter midwall split air conditioner
CARRIER QHA ALLEGRO Non-Inverter midwall split air conditioner
ALLIANCE FOUSI ARCTIC Inverter midwall split air conditioner
ALLIANCE FOUS ALASKAN Non-Inverter midwall split air conditioner
LG MEGA 5 DualCool Inverter midwall split air conditioner
CARRIER UQV XPOWER GOLD Inverter midwall split air conditioner
CARRIER QHV AMBION Inverter midwall split air conditioner
ALLIANCE NEOCOOL Non-Inverter midwall split air conditioner
SAMSUNG Wind-free Premium Inverter midwall split air conditioner
Air Conditioning Essentials
What size unit do I need for my area ?
The sizing of the air conditioner is of critical importance as it will effect the working of the unit. The unit must be big enough to handle the job, or else it will freeze up on the hottest days, when it is needed the most.
The unit can not be too big that it cycles on and off too frequently either. This will mean the system is not helping to control the humidity inside the home, which can cause an uncomfortable living environment, as well as other problems.
Many people buy an air conditioner that is too large, thinking it will provide better cooling. However, an over sized air conditioner is actually less effective — and wastes energy at the same time. Air conditioners remove both heat and humidity from the air.
If the unit is too large, it will cool the room quickly, but only remove some of the humidity. This leaves the room with a damp, clammy feeling. A properly sized unit will remove humidity effectively as it cools.
Please use the sizing chart as a reference only
|Approximate Room Size||Required Air Conditioner Size|
|15 to 18 m²||9000 BTU|
|20 to 25 m²||12000 BTU|
|30 to 35 m²||18000 BTU|
|40 to 45 m²||24000 BTU|
|50 to 60 m²||30000 BTU|
Does my a/c unit need to be serviced ? and how regularly ?
Just like a motor vehicle your a/c system needs to be serviced to ensure optimal performance and prevent breakdowns.
Your unit needs to be serviced at least once a year to keep your Warranty valid.
Please contact our service department on (012) 330 0421 to have your unit serviced.
Every manufacturer’s warranty period differs and is only valid if the unit is serviced on a yearly basis.
- Compressor (3 year)
- Rest of the unit (1 year)
- INVERTER (R410A) Compressor (10 years)
- Rest of the unit (1 year)
- INVERTER (R410A) Compressor (5 years)
- FIXED SPD Compressor (5 years)
- Rest of the unit (2 year)
- Compressor (5 year)
- Rest of the unit (2 year)